You may not know some facts about women’s fitness and health!
- A national survey found that nearly 13% women aged over 18 have fair or poor health. This number may seem low, but it could even be lower if women followed the recommended guidelines on diet and exercise.
- Fewer than half of women aged 18 and older met the federal guidelines for aerobic exercise.
- More than 38% U.S. women older than 20 years are overweight.
- Nearly two thirds of Americans who have Alzheimer’s disease are women.
- Heart disease, cancer and chronic lower respiratory diseases are the leading causes of death in women.
- Women are most likely to die from heart disease. Women’s heart attack symptoms differ from those experienced by men.
- Breast cancer affects 1 out of 8 women.
- Twenty million women suffer from eating disorder.
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination. The CDC suggests HPV vaccination as early as age 11 or 12.
- Depression is twice as common in women as it is in men.
Women’s health: How to stay fit and healthy
Videos for health and fitness by doing a variety of things.
All of these factors can improve your health.
It’s important to maintain a healthy lifestyle and to schedule regular well woman examinations with your doctor. To schedule a well-woman exam, contact Renaissance Women’s Healthcare.