Essential oils can be used to treat vertigo. Vertigo refers to feeling out of balance or as if the world is spinning. This feeling of unsteadiness could be caused by an underlying medical condition. Essential oils can be used to treat vertigo or dizziness. They may support the central nervous systems, reduce anxiety and help with inflammation.
Oils for vertigo can be more than feeling dizzy. It can also include nausea, headaches, confusion and hearing impairment.
Essential oils for dizziness and vertigo
For centuries, essential oils have been used to treat ailments. Essential oils are the essence of plants and their healing properties. You can use them in aromatherapy, or mix with carrier oils like jojoba and olive oil to apply to your skin for their physical benefits. vertigo essential oil blend, emotional and physical health in many ways.
Although essential oils are not designed to treat a single condition, they can be used to relieve multiple symptoms.
List 15 of the best essential oils to treat vertigo:
- Lemon balm oil Also known as Melissa officinale. This essential oil induces calmness and decreases stress. It is also known to promote sleep, increase appetite, and reduce nausea that can often be associated with vertigo.
- Peppermint oil This oil is a combination of spearmint, water mint and contains two active compounds: methanone and methanol. This oil can be used to relieve vertigo-related nausea and increase energy.
- Ginger oil This essential oil is widely used for its ability to relieve nausea, indigestion and diarrhea. When massaged into the skin, it can be used to relieve pain.
- Lavender oil This essential oil is known for its pleasant smell and has healing properties that can help you to relax. It is also a great aid for sleep.
- Cypress oil This is a great way to reduce congestion symptoms, especially for those with a cold or flu. It can reduce the symptoms of congestion, such as coughing or accumulation of phlegm in the respiratory tract.
- Basil oil: Helps to reduce stress and help users relax. It can also be used to treat nausea, motion sickness, or other digestive issues.
- Clary Sage oil This oil is great for people with anxiety and nervousness. It can also be used to treat vertigo and dizziness. The pleasant scent of the oil can help you relax and sleep better.
- Rosemary oil: Helps with headaches and migraines. It has antiseptic properties. Rosemary oil is a good option for relieving dizziness, congestion, and even cough.
- Rose oil: This oil is derived from roses, a popular flower. It has amazing medical benefits that match its beauty. It can help reduce vertigo, anxiety, and depression symptoms. Rose oil can protect against stomach ulcers and infections. Rose oil should not be used by pregnant women.
- Tangerine oil This oil is known for increasing red blood cells’ ability to retain oxygen. It helps to deliver oxygen to muscles and reduce spasm. It can also be used to reduce headaches, vertigo and dizziness.
- Frankincense oil This anti-inflammatory oil is a good option to help reduce vertigo symptoms caused by middle ear infections. Frankincense oil is also useful in treating sleep disorders and can be used to induce relaxation.
- Geranium oil: Helps users relax, reduce stress and depression. It can also improve wound healing by keeping bacteria out of the area where the injury occurred.
- Bergamot oil Bergamot oils are known for their antidepressant qualities, making them a great option for mild depression and sadness. It may also increase the efficiency and secretion of hormones and blood .
- Neroli oil Helps to reduce stress and anxiety. Hypertension sufferers will love Neroli oil, which can help lower blood pressure.
- Thyme oil A 2014 study has shown that can significantly reduce nausea and dizziness, as well as provide better symptom relief than ibuprofen (a common anti-inflammatory medication).
Essential oils for vertigo
Although essential oils are known to be effective in relieving muscle pain, it is best not to apply pure essential oils directly on your skin. These oils can cause skin irritation and damage if used in their concentrated form.
You can mix essential oils into carrier oils to dilute them before you use them. Carrier oils are vegetable oils rich in fatty acids, which help to disperse tiny molecules of aromatic oil. For certain purposes, essential oils can be used in pure form. However, it is not recommended to apply them directly on skin or other sensitive areas.
Carrier oils are argon, grapeseed, sesame and sweet almond. Apply two to three drops of the mixture to your forehead, neck, and temples.
It is best to use essential oils at least two or three times per day for pain relief. Keep in mind that the results of essential oils will vary depending upon the cause of your pain.
Aromatherapy can also be used to massage essential oils, either in a hot or cold bath or on a compress.
If you are pregnant, nursing, or have low immunity, essential oils may not be suitable. Before using essential oils, it is a good idea to consult a physician or an aromatherapy practitioner.